If you landed on this page, my guess is that….
YOU’RE DONE WITH THE CORPORATE HAMSTER WHEEL. YOU DON’T WANT TO SIMPLY GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS IN A JOB WITHOUT MEANING.
You want to wake up excited to start your workday instead of tensing into a anxious mind fog on a Sunday afternoon.
You know deep in your bones that you have unique gifts and talents to offer that just aren’t being used in your job.
You feel your soul crushing just a little bit (OK maybe a lot!) every single day knowing that you’re not maximising your potential or giving back to the world.
You dream of working for a company or perhaps starting your own business collaborating with people who “get” you.”
You want to pursue a career or business that makes you feel that:
- You have control over your schedule to do work that is meaningful to you and spend time with those you love
- You have the freedom to do what you want, when you want without having anyone “own” you
- You’re finally answering your calling
- You’re stepping into your full potential
- You can be your real self
Whilst you dream about what could be, you’re also weighed down by the practicalities of life. You also….
- Want financial stability. You’ve got a mortgage, debts to pay off, maybe even a family to support
- Worry that other people will think you’re crazy and ungrateful because you have a perfectly good career that some would kill for
- Don’t want to waste your education, blood sweat and tears that you’ve already committed to your existing career
- Have no time to really give your dream career or business idea the attention it deserves
- Wonder whether it’s too late to start something new
- Worry about failing and having to (god forbid) crawl back to your old corporate job
- Don’t want to sacrifice your current lifestyle e.g. travel, your kids private education, dinners out, splurging on a dress when you want
I GET IT. STRIKING OUT ON A PATH THAT’S RIGHT-FOR- YOU-BUT-CRAZY-MAKING-TO-OTHERS ISN’T EASY.
I’m here to help you see the shining light that you really are and create a soulful strategy to realise your career calling or bright business idea so that you can reclaim meaning and fulfilment back into to your life. And finally go about the purpose that you’re here for.
It’s time for you to shine and start living your Neon Life.
Are you ready to get started?
Growing up I was an average all-rounded student so I followed the conventional path. I graduated from a top London University and landed a job at a Fortune 500 Company. I put my head down, worked hard and was your classic “yes” (wo)man. My mantra was to “maximise.” I squeezed in as much as I could whilst trying to balance work, studying for my Masters degree, exercise, friends and family.
The hard work paid off, I achieved promotion after promotion going from Analyst to Associate Director in 4 action packed years.
I even landed a job with an American Investment Bank (the kind my uni mates and parents could be proud of). It was supposed to be my dream job. It was a prestigious firm. I was earning a great six-figure salary. I got to travel regularly to exciting countries like China, India, Singapore and Malaysia on business class. Exciting stuff for a 20 something adventure seeker!
I CHASED WHAT I THOUGHT I WANTED (THE JOB TITLE, THE SALARY & BENEFITS) YET WITH EVERY MILESTONE I ACHIEVED I FELT MORE EMPTY AND UNFULFILLED.
My inner voice started telling me to explore a different path.
But I didn’t want to listen.
What was a calling?
What would be more meaningful and fulfilling?
I couldn’t answer these questions.
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE. ALL I KNEW WAS THAT I WASN’T LIVING “IT” YET
I had reached a place where that 10-year-old girl in me (the one who dreamed of being Anita Roddick someday) would have shaken her head in disappointment.
AS A GROWN UP WOMAN, I WAS A SHADOW OF THAT VIBRANT YOUNG GIRL I ONCE WAS.
My people pleasing corporate self had taken over that I didn’t even know who I was or what lit me up anymore.
I eventually faced my demons and quit my job despite feelings of shame and guilt for letting everyone down around me.
When I left corporate I made every mistake in the book and learned things the hard way.
I almost started a business that wasn’t aligned to my true passion and calling. I then went back to what I knew as a freelance consultant. Hopeful at a shot at my passion, I almost went into a business partnership after pouring in hours of love only to have it fall through last minute. All whilst getting on with life: getting married, buying a home and having three kids.
I want to support you in your journey.
When I took the time to listen to my own inner mentor and get the support to forging my own path to fulfilment and meaning, I found my feet as a transformational life and career coach.
Today I help women like you to re-align your career or business to support your unique personality, gifts and talents in a way that allows you to pursue the work they love, find value in the marketplace and feel that sense of fulfilment at the end of a long working day.
I TAKE A STAND FOR YOU GOING FOR YOUR CALLINGS, PROJECTS AND BIG WILD DREAMS BY FOLLOWING A SOULFUL ACTION PLAN THAT ALIGNS TO THE WAY YOU WANT TO DO LIFE AND BUSINESS.
I don’t do cookie-cutter formulas, I strongly believe in following a strategy guided by your inner intuition because we all have a unique path to getting our business or body of work off the ground.
Your job and career are more than just a Monday to Friday slog to “get through” until the weekend. What you do for your living is supposed to be fun, a joy, exciting and scary in a really good way that stretches you and helps you grow – an expression of the true you. A way for you to show up in the world that you have chosen, not have it is chosen for you.
As a mama to two little ones, I feel even more passionate about being an example of what’s possible. I don’t just want to tell my children to follow their dreams - I want to show them.
Will you join me?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME?
(A.K.A. THE FUN STUFF)
- I was born and raised in Hong Kong to my Chinese serial entrepreneur mum and Irish civil engineer dad
- My name has given me a lot of grief. It’s Siobhan - Pronounced “Shiv-On” (rhymes with Yvonne). My friends call me Shiv – you can do the same
- I live in Hong Kong with my Australian husband and 3 beautiful little kids
- My husband was a naughty office romance that thankfully worked out!
- I’m a Gemini and regularly switch between my two sides
- I’m all mixed up: east and west + adventure and practicality + practicality and magic + right brain and left brain
- I love to eat and drink and can consume both in epic proportions
- I’m a self professed book and stationery nerd who loves learning and will choose to read non-fiction over fiction every time
- One of my proudest achievements is doing my first push-up AFTER having my first kid (that was a big mental barrier)
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
If you’re ready to explore your inner brilliance and unlock your personal path to a purpose driven career or business that you love then click the button below to learn how we can work together.