How do you find balance when you’ve got a lot on your plate?
Isn’t this the million-dollar question?
When I was working my corporate job, I kept trying to find the illustrious “work-life” balance that everyone was speaking about.
In all honesty, I believed that the Company I was working for wasn’t doing enough to promote balance.
Looking back now I realize that it wasn’t the Company’s fault:
- I had signed up for the job and knew what I was getting into
- I myself wasn’t doing enough to ensure I had enough balance in my life
- I had the ability to set my own boundaries, say no and prioritize what was important to me (even if I didn’t believe I had the power to do so)
Instead of standing up for myself, I:
- Let others decide what I “should” be doing
- Said “yes” even though I really wanted to say “no”
- Prioritized my career over my health, relationships and own personal interests
Truth is, I’m still not so good at the balance thing.
Even now as a mum and business owner, I don’t always get it right. My “achiever” strength and drive to one more thing on my to-do list can sometimes get the better of me. Whilst I know the importance of taking time out and practicing mindfulness, I don’t always do it.
In fact, I’ve got a lot wrong this past month. I’ve (unusually) been struck down with 2 big viruses in less than 3 weeks.
It’s given me the space and time to reflect on how I’m going to make some positive changes for the better.
If you can relate, I hope you’ll join me.
This May, I’m joining the Mindful in May Challenge.
My good friend told me about this great Australian initiative last year but I didn’t properly check it out until this week when I was resting in bed.
Think: Global meditation challenge for the month of May that also supports clean water for others.
Win-win. My favourite kind of challenge!
It’s a great opportunity to learn the powerful skills of mindfulness through a program that is delivered each day to your inbox.
Mindfulness, I believe, is the key to more balance.
There are so many benefits to mindfulness including:
- Less stress
- Better sleep
- More happiness
- Increased vitality and health
- The list goes on
So how does it work?
- Goal: Meditate for 10 minutes a day for the month of May as either a team or individual. I’ve set up a team (more details on that later).
- You’ll receive access to the one month online course.
- Registration is $30 which gets you access to the one month online course starting May 1st. (Note: this fee is not a donation, but enables the organisation to run Mindful in May each year)
- Tell friends and family you’re taking the challenge and ask them to sponsor you!
- To get the ball rolling start with a $35 booster donation to yourself – that’s the amount it costs to change one life forever through giving the gift of clean water.
- From May 1st you’ll receive your one month meditation program delivered daily to your inbox including audio guided meditations and video interviews with global experts
4. Spread the Love
- Create more focus, clarity and calm in your life while at the same time making a real difference by bringing clean water to others.
What a great initiative, right?
1 in 9 people in the developing world are struggling and dying daily due to the impact of contaminated drinking water. The funds raised will help bring clean, safe drinking water to those in need.
Sound like something you’d like to take part in?
I hope so.
I’ve created a team and would love for you to join. Together we can keep each other accountable and practice more mindfulness and raise money for the people who need it. Side note: I’m not 100% sure if these funds will reach Nepal but am reaching out to ask.
Simply click the “I’m In” button below and get started. You can click the “Join The Team” button on the right hand side column and you’re in! Choose to make a donation of your choice if you like and spread the word and start fundraising.
You can read more about this great initiative over >>> HERE.
I hope you join and can’t wait to do this with you.
It starts Friday 1st May (that’s tomorrow for us in Australiasia) so please don’t delay.
P.S. Are you ready to learn about Mindfulness and help raise money to bring clean water to those who need it most? Make May count by joining The Neon Life Society Team over at Mindful In May. Simply click the green “Join This Team” button on the right hand side column. I would be so grateful if you could share this with your friends and help reach the $1000 target.