I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the common traits of my clients.
Most of the amazing women (and a handful of men) I’ve had the pleasure of working with, all share some common values which I really admire in successful people.
- Loving + Heart-Centered
- Nurturing + Generous
- Smart + Knowledgeable
- Mysterious to the point that they’re a little undefinable and contradictory at times
Because of their unique personality traits and values, my clients don’t fit into a standard corporate mold.
Well, working for the “man” can be a grind because it’s about profit over purpose.
People are expendable.
The focus is on the year-over-year growth (not necessarily for the benefit of the people or environment).
Companies can lose sight of the greater common good of the collective, rather than just their shareholders.
Whilst I get that businesses need to make money of course – I do believe that there is a place for conscious companies who are doing their part to do more than just add to the bottom line.
Why can’t we have both?
Is it harder? No doubt.
But honestly can we keep going the way that we’re going?
As a mum to three young kids, I can’t help but wonder what kind of future we’re creating for this generation.
We need more conscientious business owners and leaders, making changes, and using their voices in commerce, education, politics, the environment….all pillars of society.
And that’s what I want to help you with:
I want you to step into your leadership potential as a conscious, heart-centered woman, who has the ability to bring compassion and love to her work (yet still be grounded and practical) to inspire and implement real change in your own unique way!
For many of you, the way you will do that is by embarking on your soulpreneur journey.
So you may be thinking, “what the heck is a soulful entrepreneur?”
Well there isn’t a clear cut definition but I define it as:
A soulful entrepreneur is a conscious entrepreneur who uses their soulful gifts, wisdom and insights to live out their life purpose, whilst creating positive and meaningful change in the planet.
As a soulful entrepreneur you could be:
A healer, life coach, therapist, counsellor, thought leader, medical professional, school teacher, entertainer, artist, advocate, CEO etc.
There is no cookie cutter formula for what a soulful entrepreneur does.
It’s not about being a doctor, or being a spiritual teacher (aka the “means” or the “how”).
Soulful entrepreneurship is about:
- Being on your own unique soul path
- Bringing your natural gifts, talents and personality to what you do
- Radiating a positive loving energy to both your life and career
- Expressing your real self, voice and opinion without holding back
- Consciously choosing love and collaboration over fear and greed
So how do you know if you are soulful entrepreneur?
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself….
- Feel like you were born to do something bigger and more meaningful with your life?
- Have a desire to make a difference in the lives of others with your body of work?
- Feel, hear or know that you are meant to be on path that feels more like the “real” you?
- Crave to be able to express all of who you are in your life and work?
- Know you’re not living out your purpose, and that there’s something completely different that you’re meant to do (even if it doesn’t make logical sense, and you have no idea with “it” is right now)?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, then the chances are that you are meant to be a soulful entrepreneur.
Whilst you may be going “Yes that’s me!”
I can appreciate that you may be thinking “Now what?”
Well that’s a big question.
Here are my recommendations to get back onto the right path.
Step 1: Tune inwards and ask your chief soul officer what you’re next right move is
Your intuition and inner wise self will know what’s needed to be able to move you back onto the right path or your soulful entpreneurial journey.
Step 2: Set an intention figure out how to transition into a more meaningful life and career
I’m a big believer in the power of intention. When you’re clear on what you’re working towards, the right teachers, books and resources etc. become immediately obvious. It’s time to tune your frequency towards your intention and see what the clues are.
Not sure what I’m talking about? You can read the sceptic beginners guide to the law of attraction over HERE .
Step 3: Get proactive and start to get clear on what makes you unique and figure out a plan to live out your purpose
Step 2 is all about opening up your awareness and letting the universe support you with your intention. In this step, it’s time to take aligned and inspired action to make your meaningful life and career happen.
Start getting clear on what makes you unique and what your strength and skills are so that you can reverse engineer a path to the right career or business option for you.
If you haven’t already then make sure that you:
- Take the free career style quiz that I created for you HERE. It’s designed to help you get started on figuring out what makes you unique.
- Been there done that? Take it to the next level by taking the home study program Brilliant You Inc, which is designed to help you work through the process of figuring out your path to the right purpose-driven career or business for you. You can read more about the program over HERE.
So there you have it. The 5 questions to know if you’re meant to be a soulful entrepreneur and 3 action steps to get you back onto the right path.
You’ve got some action steps!
I’d love to hear from you:
- Do you resonate as a soulful entrepreneur?
Leave a comment below. I read every response.