In my line of work I see women doing this across the board.
From younger women to older women, to women who have no work experience to women with experience. We all do this.
What is it that we do?
Not in a place where you can watch the video? Read on for the transcript:
We give away our power.
We give away our power when we think:
- We don’t know enough
- When we say we don’t know
- When we say we’re not clear
- When we let others decide what it is that we should do
- When we listen to the expectations to our parents in terms of what we should be
- When we listen to the expectations of society in terms of what “success” is
What I see successful women doing is claiming that power.
- Know in their bones what it is that they’re here to do.
- Go after it unapologetically.
- Trust themselves wholeheartedly
- Know that their presence on earth is precious (like I spoke about a couple of weeks ago)
The fact that you’re here on earth at this time is such a gift and a privilege.
Successful women know that they’re going to make the most of it.
Many of us have a love/hate relationship to power.
Power can have such a negative connotation to it.
But power is needed in order to take action and to make real those goals and dreams that we have.
If you’re feeling like you are powerless to change your situation and that everything is out of control, that you can’t do it, I want to affirm you and assure you that you can.
You are a creative being.
You have an ability to co-create with the universe.
You’re essentially this creative director of your life.
You can choose to buy into those limiting beliefs (that I spoke about in last week’s post) or you can choose to make more empowering decisions and choose not to believe the BS beliefs that are holding you back.
What belief is associated with not having enough power?
I believe it’s the belief that I’m not “enough”
- Beautiful enough
- Smart enough
- Rich enough
- Intelligent enough
- Loveable enough
- Thin enough
- Insert whatever you believe
The truth is, it’s completely and utter bullshit. You are enough. Just the way you are.
Maybe you do need extra study and an extra qualification in order to pursue something. Maybe you need to get some work experience before you can go out there and do something else.
BUT fundamentally….who you are at this very precise moment is enough.
What action you take right now as this person you are today is going to influence the future.
One step taken today is going to take you one step closer to what it is that you want.
So the brain does this….it has a funny way of keeping us safe.
It doesn’t want you to take risks, leave the tribe because it doesn’t want you to get eaten by a paper tiger — because there are no real tigers these days.
It’s up to us to claim back the power that we do have.
I’ve used this example before…Women who want to start a business.
There are legitimate fears:
- Maybe I can’t do it
- I can’t give up my steady paycheque
- I don’t have a partner so I can’t reply on myself
- I do have a partner and I can’t rely on the other person
The truth is, we can spin our situation in any which way we want to. Positive or negative.
I’m inviting you this week to spin the positive story.
I know who you are in this moment is enough to take that next step closer to your dream life and career.
If you’re wanting to get clarity on where to go next, speak to someone who has done what you’re looking to do.
If you’re curious to know what limiting beliefs are holding you back, you can speak to a coach to get that addressed and get out of your own way so you can make your dream happen.
There are so many things we can do to make our life and career goals happen.
It simply starts with a choice to say “I’m going to do something about my situation that isn’t working.”
You don’t have to do this on your own.
You can get help.
Getting help is not weak.
This week I want you to own the fact that:
- You are a powerful person
- You have exactly the right skills, right talents, right beauty, the right everything to do what it is that you want to do
- All the results that you want are there for you
You simply have to make a choice to say:
- I’m going to go for it
- I’m going to make it happen
SO invite you to do this. GO!
Please remember there is no one in the world who can do what you do the way you do it. Keep going.
Leave a comment for me below:
- What’s your story of not enough-ness?
- How is it holding you back from creating what you want?
Let me know! I read every comment.
Wishing you a beautiful week.